Coconut Chocolate Truffles
1/4 cup cacao nibs
1/2 cup desiccated coconut
1 cup dates
1/4 cup cacao powder
small pinch of sea salt
- Place the cacao nibs in a food processor with the S blade and process well until they’re crushed into smaller pieces. Alternatively, you can substitute cacao or cocoa powder.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the food processor and process well.
- Take a handful of the mixture and roll it into a bite-sized ball. Repeat until you’ve formed all of the mixture into truffles.
- You can put the finished truffles in the fridge for 10 minutes to harden up a bit, or eat them instantly. They’re so good!
- Cacao is full of magnesium for a healthy heart and brain.
- Cacao is a natural mood enhancer and antidepressant.
- Dates are a great source of energy, sugar and fiber.
- Shredded coconut is a great natural sweetener for desserts (but it’s higher in fat, so use smaller quantities).
The amazing thing about adopting a healthier lifestyle is that there are so many options available for us to eat. We can nourish our bodies and eat great-tasting food at the same time! I would love to know what of cravings you get during that time of the month, so please comment below. If you make this recipe, don’t forget to upload a picture to Instagram using the #rawvana and #rawvanarecipe hashtags so I can like it!
Love you and bon apetit!