Delicious Vegan Burritos
1/2 lemon or lime
1/2 cup cashews
1 clove garlic
1 teaspoon chipotle powder
1 teaspoon all-purpose seasoning
1/4 cup water
1/2 cup dry quinoa
3 tablespoons black beans
1/2 bell pepper
3 tablespoons pico de gallo
1/4 cup purple cabbage
- Juice the lemon or lime. Blend the juice with all the other dressing ingredients.
- Cook the dry quinoa with 1 cup of water for 10-15 minutes.
- Top the tortilla with the dressing, 3 tablespoons of the cooked quinoa, and all the other filling ingredients, then roll it into a burrito.
- Choose a healthful tortilla with minimal ingredients; the fewer, the better! Organic is a BIG plus.
- This will make a few servings of dressing., If you have any left over, use it as a salad dressing or dip for veggies, or store tightly sealed in the fridge for future burritos.
- You can substitute nutritional yeast for the all-purpose seasoning.
- Make fresh pico de gallo by mixing chopped tomatoes, onion, cilantro and serrano pepper with a splash of lime juice.
- If you’re using canned black beans, choose ones with no added oil or salt.
Did you love these recipes as much as I do?! Which was your favorite? Let me know in the comments! I’d also love to hear about which other treats or ingredients you’d like vegan recipes for. Your feedback is the best possible way for me to know which videos or blog posts to create, so don’t hesitate to let me know!