Hearty Avocado Sandwich
1/2 – 1 avocado
2 slices of bread (see the tips!)
2 tbsp chipotle salsa
2 leaves romaine lettuce
1/4 bell pepper
Serrano pepper to taste (optional)
- Toast bread (optional).
- Place avocado flesh in a bowl and mash it with a fork.
- Spread the mashed avocado on both slices of bread.
- Place romaine leaves on both slices of bread.
- Slice tomatoes, bell pepper, cucumber and serrano pepper. Add the veggies to both slices of bread.
- Top one piece of bread with the chipotle sauce. Close the sandwich and savor each bite. Yummm!
- You can use wheat bread or sprouted bread.
- Tortilla wraps or pita bread work too, but check the ingredients to make sure it’s vegan!
- Add 2 tbsp of hemp, chia or flax seeds for an extra protein boost.
- Avocado is one the best sources of good fat.
- Avocados contain more potassium, which helps reduce blood pressure, than bananas.
This plant-based sandwich is a perfect substitute for a conventional sandwich. Remember that eating plant-based foods is yummy and easy once you get the hang of it. Let me know in the comments below if you try this sandwich!