Meal Prep to Lose Weight
I cannot say enough about how important it is to meal prep, especially for weight loss. Here’s how I do five days’ worth of meal prep in just an hour! These recipes might seem out of order, but that’s because I’ve found that it’s fastest to prepare them in the order listed here.
Baked Potatoes and Hummus (Lunch)
12 small potatoes
1 can chickpeas
2 tablespoons tahini
1 head romaine lettuce
- Cut 12 small potatoes into strips, season with salt, pepper, and spices of your choice, and bake at 350 degrees for half an hour. (While the potatoes bake, move onto the next recipes!)
- Blend the chickpeas, tahini, lime juice to taste, zucchini, parsley, and salt and pepper to taste, adding other seasonings if desired, to make hummus.
- In each of three containers, put a bed of romaine lettuce. Divide the potatoes between the three containers and place the hummus on the side.
Apple Overnight Oats (Breakfast)
1 cup oats
2 tablespoons coconut sugar
2 cups almond milk
Dice the apples. In each of two mason jars, put 1/2 cup oats, 1 diced apple, 1 tablespoon coconut sugar, 1 cup almond milk, and cinnamon and chia seeds to taste. Mix, close, and refrigerate.
3 cups pineapple
3 cups spinach
3 tablespoons cacao powder
In each of three bags, place 2 bananas, 1 cup pineapple, 1 cup spinach, and 1 tablespoon cacao powder. Refrigerate.
When you’re ready for your smoothie, blend the contents of one bag with water.
Quinoa Salad With Apples (Lunch)
1 cup quinoa
1 lemon (optional)
2 cups spinach
- Cook the quinoa with 2 cups of water for 15 minutes or until it’s ready. Meanwhile, blend tahini, lime juice, salt, and turmeric powder all to taste to create a dressing.
- Dice the apples. Optionally, squeeze lemon juice over them to keep them fresh. Divide the spinach between two containers, then add the apple and quinoa along with a handful each of raisins and walnuts. Put the dressing on the side.
Rice with Teriyaki Veggies (Dinner)
1 red bell pepper
2 cups broccoli
- Cut the bell pepper, zucchini, and broccoli into pieces of your choosing. Saute the cut veggies in a pan with a bit of water.
- Meanwhile, blend tamari, lime juice, dates, sriracha, and serrano pepper all to taste to create a sauce. Add the sauce to the cooking veggies, stir, cover, and cook for 5-7 more minutes.
- In each of two containers, put a serving of brown rice along with half of the vegetables.
Lentil Veggie Soup (Dinner)
3 cans of lentils
2 small bags of mixed frozen vegetables
1 avocado (optional)
- Pour the cans of lentils along with their liquid into a large pot. Add the frozen vegetables, and cook for 6-9 minutes. Season with garlic powder, salt, pepper, and chili powder to taste.
- Divide the soup into three containers. Top each with fresh cilantro. When you’re ready to eat the soup, add 1/4 avocado to the container!
Meal prepping like this really helps keep you on track. When you’re hungry and in a hurry, you can reach for something healthful, delicious, and already prepared instead of going for junk food. If you want more tips, lifestyle guidance, and great plant-based recipes, don’t forget to subscribe to my newsletter!
Love you! ❤️